Saturday, June 30, 2012

time-outs

this is how our day went today....

grady spent a good majority of the time in this corner. like this.

 and like this.

generally I don't let him have ANY toys near his "time-out" area. 
but today, I was having a hard time containing him. so I gave in to the few blocks near him.


however, grady looks on the brighter side of everything.
how does this kid make even time-out fun?



well, grady spent a lot of time in the time-out corner. drew spent a lot of time crying. mommy spent a lot of time taking deep breaths. jon spent a lot of time....oh, golfing! :)

not every day is going to be easy...I have to remember that. today was not a good day, for grady or drew. grady spent the day testing the limits... throwing toys, dumping out water dishes, blowing and spilling bubbles all over the floor, stealing toys & pushing his brother down just to hear him squeal, refusing to take a nap (by screaming hysterically) during three different attempts. drew cried about everything and wouldn't nap either. drew cried, grady cried louder. grady cried, drew cried harder... and so it continued, until I was about in tears. aghhhh..... deeeeeeeep breath. sigh. I do love them-very much. sometimes I question my mothering skills though.
Jon went golfing today with a buddy of his at a pretty sweet golf course. he was really looking forward to it. I'm glad he got away for awhile. we all need that sometimes. it's days like today that make me really thankful I am not in this alone. i am so thankful for my wonderful husband and two (usually) sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment