Thursday, June 21, 2012

few more from my last post

I've been trying to test my camera & lens over the last few days, because I feel my focus has been off (a lot). When I look back at pics it seems to be focusing behind my subject (back-focusing). And when I did a few test shots and consciously thought about where I was focusing, it was still off. So, I thought it was either my lens, camera, or both - all which are a pain in the butt, because both my camera and lens are fairly new! Ugh. So, I tested my lens on my old camera... sharp as a tack, focus perfect. So that's not it. Then, thinking my lens maybe just isn't calibrated to my new camera...I called the Canon camera support people & went through the test process & some test shots. Turns out, my lens is calibrated perfectly...apparently it's just me, sigh... just don't have a very steady hand which throws off focus in my pics. My camera is just too dang heavy! Well, something to work on now... Anyway, to make that extremely long story short... the pic below I took in the test process and cropped it. Love his cute face, gorgeous eyes and oh-so-porcelain skin.



and some more of the drew pics I meant to put up with my last post. my little walker is still around 5-6 steps at a time & could stand all day... but is now starting to stand up from sitting and walk away from the couch and take off on his own :)




Grady and Mac... one of his most treasured trucks.




We had our 1 yr Drew/family session with our lovely, talented photographer, Jocelyn Brown, at Golden Gardens in Ballard last night. Grady had sooooo much fun at the beach and would have stayed all night. Drew however, was miserable. And so was Jon, lol. Not his thing... it's always a little stressful. Probably won't have many pics of Drew since he was crying through the whole thing, but I'm excited to have a few of Grady. Wish I was talented enough to capture that fast-moving boy more! Excited to see them though. Will post in the next week or two I'm hoping :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment