Saturday, February 25, 2012

my little mover

Drew is getting so big, so fast, but still...very little interest in learning to crawl. Generally, I'll put him on his tummy and he'll last about 3-5 seconds before screaming in disgust, then immediately flipping himself over to his back. Today he surprised me. This morning (wish I would have got it on video), he got up on all fours and made his very first attempt at moving an arm and leg in the forward direction-yay Drew! So this afternoon I thought I'd try again. Laying on the blanket at the end of the bed, he gave his best efforts :)

This is my favorite move
"please pick me up, now!"
Well, that lasted about one minute. Back to standing-his absolute favorite. Always. Pretty sure he will be walking long before crawling. He's pulling up on furniture and standing against anything he can hold on to.. not quite cruising yet.
Trying to hold on to the blanket on the end of the bed
I remember waiting for what seemed like forever for Grady to crawl and walk for the first time. But then I remember thinking, why was I in such a hurry-now he doesn't stop moving! I think I just need to enjoy this last bit of time of my semi-stationary boy... I will be chasing after this one soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment